The following content appears as a Tutorial for use before you use the app to clarify your 2-word purpose. Realizing that you may not have seen it the first time or you might want to review it again, the content is provided as is for your convenience to read.
Before jumping into your one-time use of the ONPURPOSE.me App, let’s invest a few minutes to talk through why knowing your purpose in life matters, and then let’s walk through the App experience together. Once you’re in the App, it goes fast and there’s plenty of guidance within it. Watching the video below will enrich your appreciation for the essential role purpose plays in having an authentic and meaningful life in the precious years you have on the planet.
I Exist to Serve By …
The preamble to your 2-word purpose statement is “I exist to serve by ….” This generic beginning tees up your purpose. While it is tempting to think in terms of serving only others, your purpose statement first serves you. You need to be active about being on-purpose in order to serve others. Self-care prepares you to serve others. As the airlines tell you, “First, put on your oxygen mask before helping others.” Your purpose is your spiritual oxygen. Breathe it in.
Why Your Purpose Matters!
In this brief video, meet Kevin W. McCarthy. As you’ll see, the video is a segment of a series called Big Thinkers, which is produced by Big Eye Creative. Thanks to Justin Ramb, CEO, for giving us permission to share this video with you.
- Entering the App, you are presented with two actual 2-word purpose statements. Tap on (smartphone or tablet) or click (desktop or laptop) from the pairing which one is your most meaningful 2-word purpose statement. The App will automatically advance you to the next pairing where you will again choose the most meaningful purpose statement.
- There are no wrong choices, only your choices. Trust your instinct and decide quickly.
- If necessary, use the “Back” button to go to previous choices.
- Continue this pattern of choosing one purpose statement from each pairing. Once you reach the halfway point, your prior choices will reappear. Don’t worry, it hasn’t started again—just choose the most meaningful. Continue tapping or clicking until your most meaningful purpose statement remains. The App provides supporting instructions along the way.
- Once you choose your most meaningful 2-word purpose statement, the App will display it for you and tell you what’s next.
- To keep things simple and intuitive, this is a one-time use App. Trust yourself to know which purpose statement is right for you. Remember, you have time to refine.
Have Fun! We’ll visit on the other side of your choices.